« Home | in love with an escape, not a person » | a bright light? or not ... » | i thought i knew who he was ... » | this is when it all started for me ... »

but he didn't and he never could ...

EDIT: narrow-minded. rigid. egocentric, in a pre-operational sense. an emotional retard, if you will. incapable of love, sacrfice, compromise, controlling. and so ... no wonder he accepted nothing that was truly 'me'

accept me happy
accept me sad
accept me angry
accept me despairing
accept me acidic, vitriolic
accept me, darling
accept all of me -
accept the beauty
accept the ugliness
accept the shining light
accept the abject darkness

loving someone means loving all of the above ...

please, darling ... i hope you can accept me as i am.

i am not a care bear - a won't fake happiness to make everyone feel better.

that, darling, is who i am.

and ... this - who i am ... loves you very much.

accept that, too darling.

About me

  • I'm velvet
  • From the bleeding eyes of hell
  • fury wrapped in a daffodil, confused, undecided, wild child, indigo child, impatient, insomniac, rebellious, outspoken, artistic, restless, bored with routine, i love change, afraid of commitment, i work to live - not live to work, claustrophobic, perfectionist, odd and maybe downright wierd, anxious and maybe a l'il (ok, a lot) neurotic, dichotomous, a teensy bit vitrolic, prone to nastiness, a maverick and a cynic, highly intuitive, sensual, erotic, intense, spiritual -- NOT religious, a bitch, a wordsmith, poet, storyteller, addict, mother, caregiver, dog lover, voracious reader, Mac person, Coke drinker, cannibis appreciator, clean freak, prone to hissy fits, attitude - i got one, fav. colour: red, perfume: estee lauder pleasures exotic, voluptuous, afraid of falling asleep, afraid of the dark, hate being touched, still get flashbacks - PTSD, nite hawk, into fetishes, got a sadomasochistic streak in me
My profile

what is this place?

    a place of death, discovery, duality, denial, creation

    The people: VELVET, LUPIN, 'HE'

    VELVET - that's me!

    LUPIN - the one and only, the wolf i married: selfless and giving, strong, independent, sophisticatedly bold, unafraid, addicted, mistrustful, melancholy, worldly. sort of like james bond in the real. an undiscovered GENIUS. and HOT ... really HOT.

    'HE' - the other one: weak, dependent, passive, afraid of his own shadow, egocentric, naive and sheltered. has low-set ears. a fantasy i followed and fixated on. a MIRAGE.

    this place - it's where i come to write about my life-blood: my marriage, this thing that buoys me in life's most violent and despairng tempests.

    so much so, that i wonder: how can anyone remain partner-less in life?

    truly ... how tragic. i would not be one-tenth the woman i am now if not for my marriage, my lupin and the lovely fruit i have borne.

    what a simple realization! the culmination of three processes: LISTEN, READ, SEE.

    LISTENING to the sound of myself. its amazing what we can hear, you know, if we only stop and listen. really listen.

    my body - right down to the cellular level - has so much knowledge. and wisdom. and memory. unlike the mind, the body never forgets.

    READING others. that's what i do. ever since, as a little girl, my mother used to fly into her psychotic and extremely vitriolic PMS fits.

    funny - its so easy to get inside the minds of others, based on ques like body language, tone of voice, energy emission, even.

    then why is is sooo hard to read myself?

    SEEING myself and, as a result, the world at large, in a whole new light. its that blinding elucidation. you know? when you are skulking about in a dark corner and the suddenly someone turns the lights on?

    and your pupils are so large from being in the darkness for so long that its uncomfortable to see the light?

    and so, you imagine what lies beyond the darkness ... in the light. at first maybe you think you see something. you're convinced.

    in the moment that is your truth. but as the darkness fades ... as your pupils contract. clarity comes to focus. and your truth ... it evolves.